11 Best Hair Masks for Dry and Frizzy Hair
Dry and frizzy hair has been a problem for many. Dry and frizzy hair mainly leads to unmanageable hair. Mostly curly hair beauties suffer this phenomenon, however, in some cases, straight hairs can moreover be dry and frizzy. Hair masks can be a unconfined help for you if you are suffering from the same problem of unmanageable, dry, and damaged hair.
In this post, I will share some easy homemade masks that will help you to regain that moisture in your hair and make them soft and lustrous. These home remedies are not tedious and you can prepare them hands in just 5 minutes using ingredients that are once lying in your pantry.
Table of contents:
- Why Hair Are Dry and Frizzy?
- Why you should use homemade remedies for dry and frizzy hair?
- When to use hair mask?
- 11 Natural Hair Masks For Dry and Frizzy Hair
- 10 Haircare mistakes to avoid
- Must To Do Haircare Regime
Why hair are dry and frizzy?
Hair is dry considering it could not hold unbearable moisture owing to the unshut cuticles. Also, when the scalp is dry, the hair moreover becomes dry. Hair does not have its own moisturizing sufficiency and it depends on the scalp to produce oil to moisturize it. When the scalp is too dry or it is not producing unbearable oil, hair strands wilt dry.
Furthermore, other phenomenons moreover lead to dry hair including
- Usage of chemicals such as hair dye and hair color.
- Too much usage of hair styling products including hair straightener and hair dryer.
- Frequent washing of hair.
- Using harsh shampoos or surfectants.
- Skipping hair conditioners.
- Staying too long in hot sun or wind.
- Undergoing chemical treatment increasingly often such as permanent hair straightening.
Frizziness comes when dry hair absorbs glut moisture from the undercurrent and they wilt vitreous and repulsive of each other. Frizzyness is the result of dryness as the hair becomes dehydrated of its natural moisture, it tries to get it from the atmosphere, but could not retain it as the hair cuticles are open.
This continuous losing and gaining of moisture lead to frizziness. This is the reason why you may have observed increasingly frizziness when the climate is hot and humid.
Why you should use homemade remedies?
As said above, hair becomes dry mainly considering they are unable to hold moisture in them. Hence, we need something to wield externally which will help to provide that essential uneaten moisturization to the hair.
When hair will get the required nourishment, it will weigh down, and therefore the frizziness will vanish completely.
Natural homemade remedies to cure dry and frizzy hair are made up of ingredients that are found in nature and have a good value of nutrients that will be readily undivided by the hair.
Furthermore, natural ingredients, if do not work, do not harm the hair. On the other hand, chemical treatment may requite you good results in a short value of time, but as the chemical starts to wear off, it will leave you with lifeless and increasingly frizzy hair than before.
It depends on person to person as to what combination of ingredients will work for them.
Hence, I would unchangingly recommend my readers first take a patch test surpassing they start using any of the home remedies. A patch test will ensure that the particular mask is working for you and you are not allergic to any of the ingredients.
When To Use Hair Masks?
Hair masks can be used from once a week to up to thrice a week depending on the present condition of your hair. If your hair is extremely frizzy, you may be required to wield the mask every unorganized day.
This may squint like a hassle to you, but trust me only one month of continuous hustle will requite you your dream hair that is easy to manage.
Once your hair attains that healthy shine, you may increase the gap between the applications of hair masks. For example, you can now wield it once a week, then once every two weeks, and so on.
11 Hair Masks For Dry and Frizzy Hair
Natural Hairmask provides required nourishment to the dry and damaged hair, making them squint soft and lustrous. In addition, natural hair masks have no side effects as they are made from natural ingredients. In this article, I will share with you 11 hair masks, you can segregate the one equal to your hair type and requirements. So, without any remoter delay, let’s begin!!
1. Comic and Olive Oil
Banana is the most hydrating fruit. You can use this fruit to treat your dry skin or hair, it will work well. Olive oil, on the other hand, has been the must to use hair oil for dry hair as it penetrates the hair and locks the moisture.
Also, it has been said that if you use only olive oil on your hair a night surpassing washing, your hair will get very less damaged from shampoo.
To prepare this mask, you need to mash a ripe comic and add olive oil to it to make a paste. Wield it to your hair lengths and roots. Wash with a summery shampoo without 20-30 minutes.
2. Honey and Olive Oil
Honey is a natural humectant and it helps to seal the moisture in your hair. However, it is a bit messy to apply, and hence we are using olive oil with it to make a hair mask.
Mix equal amounts of honey and olive oil to make a paste and wield this generously on your scalp and length. Honey is moreover anti-microbial, and hence it will help to cure other hair problems such as dandruff, itchiness, etc.
3. Curd and Lemon Juice
Curd is rich in probiotics and nutrients. It treats scalp conditions like dandruff and fungal infections. Moreover, it makes hair cuticles smooth and nourished.
Take 2 tablespoons full of curd and add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to it. Wield this evenly on hair and scalp and leave for 30 min to 1 hour. Rinse first using water, then use a summery shampoo to remove the smell.
3. Egg Yolk
Rich in vitamin A and E and Biotin, egg yolk is a go-to ingredient to use for dry hair. It nourishes the hair and adds shine to it. This surprising ingredient should be used vacated on the hair to make them extremely soft and shiny.
Take an egg yolk and add little water to it. Mix well, and wield to the scalp and hair. Leave for 15 minutes, then rinse with a summery shampoo.
5. Egg, Olive Oil, and Mayonaisse Mask
Mayonaisse is packed with heavy nourishment and is used for extremely dry hair. This powerful combination will tame lanugo any kind of frizz and make your hair soft and lustrous so that you will not be worldly-wise to stop yourself from touching your hair.
Your fingers will glide on your hair, without using this mask.
Combine 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup olive oil, and 3 egg yolks. Mix well and wield to your hair. Let it rest for 20 minutes then rinse with water only, then wash with a summery shampoo the other day.
6. Only Aloe vera
Aloe vera is filled with myriad benefits for both skin and hair. Just the using of aloe vera gel on the scalp and hair will treat them and make them extremely soft and manageable.
Take Aloe vera gel (directly taken from the plant) and wield it on your both scalp and length, and wash without 30 minutes using only water.
7. Honey and coconut Oil
Coconut oil is highly nourishing for hair. Mix honey and coconut oil in the same quantity and wield to the hair. Rinse without 20 minutes using summery organic shampoo.
8. Almond Oil And Honey
Almond oil fills gaps in your hair considering of its emollient property. It nourished the hair and makes them soft and frizz-free.
Lukewarm the almond oil using the double triviality method. Mix 1 tbsp of honey to it. Wield it on the scalp and strands using fingertips. Leave for 30 minutes, then rinse with a summery shampoo. Follow with conditioner.
9. Just Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has been considered the weightier nomination to nourish hair. Unlike other hair oils, coconut oil tightly penetrates the hair, providing maximum nourishment.
Other than tightly workout the hair, coconut oil moreover helps to get rid of hair problems such as dandruff, scalp dryness, etc.
According to Ayurveda, it is recommended to use coconut oil in the summer season as it provides a soothing and calming effect on the throne as in summer when we go out, our throne is the first thing that is exposed to the sun. Massaging with coconut oil will not only modernize thoroughbred diffusion but moreover wifely lanugo your soul and mind.
However, one should not use the perfumed infused and watery coconut oil, instead, one should opt for cold-pressed coconut oil to get the maximum benefit. Here are the links to purchase some of the 100% pure cold-pressed coconut oil.
10. Mustard oil or Sarson ka Tel
Mustard has been used by Indians vastly in cooking, skincare, and haircare. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, Mustard oil is a deep conditioner for your dry hair.
It is recommended to use this oil in winters as the oil works like a recreate in managing problems associated with sudden changes in seasons. In winters, our hair becomes dry and brittle. Moreover, unrepealable other issues such as itchiness and dandruff prevail in winters.
Mustard oil is a unconfined nomination for winters, and it is 100% constructive in taming lanugo dryness and frizziness. Continuous usage of mustard oil in winters moreover protects you from other winter ailments such as unprepossessed and cough.
Slightly warm the oil, and massage it on your hair and scalp. Leave overnight and wash in the morning.
To prepare a mask, you can mix curd (yogurt) in it to provide uneaten conditioning. Alimony this mask for 30 minutes, then wash with a summery shampoo.
Also, it is prudent to use Kachi Ghani mustard oil. Here are some recommendations of the weightier Kachi Ghani mustard oil.
11. Almond Oil
Almond is one of the healthiest nuts that are rich in fiber, vitamins, and Biotin. Oil extracted from this nut has been proven to be salubrious for skin, body, and hair.
There are two types of almond oil, sweet and bitter, sweet almond oil goes with our body, hair, and skin the best.
Sweet Almond oil is an emollient which fills the gap in the hair, making them soft and shiny. It moreover prevents hair breakage, split ends, and thus guaranteed you thick and long hair as you do not have to cut your hair considering of these issues.
Also, it cures itchiness, flakiness, and dandruff on the scalp, reducing hair fall considerably and promoting hair growth.
For dry and damaged hair, almond oil is a boon as it does not grease your hair and can be unromantic daily to tame lanugo the frizziness, forget those expensive serums. Moreover, prolonged use will transpiration your hair quality from dry and frizzy to soft and lustrous.
Overall, almond oil is a unconfined oil to induce in your hair superintendency regime to get softer shinier hair.
How to use:
You can use almond oil in various ways:
You can use it as a serum- just take a small value on your palm and wield it evenly on hair without hair wash to get shiny hair.
Massage with almond oil to promote hair growth. Take a generous value of almond oil in your palm and massage starting from the crown of the throne and moving downward. This will modernize thoroughbred diffusion and remove the deposited sufferer skin cells flakiness. Wash without 1 hour or alimony it overnight and wash in the morning.
However, it is essential to buy only cold-pressed 100% pure almond oil as other methods to pericope oil may result in loss of nutrients as they involve heat. Here are some good recommendations.
10 Haircare Mistakes To Avoid
1. Frequent hair wash: Do not wash your hair too often as most of the shampoos contain surfactants as their wiring which disturbs the natural oil of the scalp, causing dry and frizzy hair.
2. Vigorously drying hair using a regular towel: Wet hair is the most fragile and they unravel only by a small force, when we vigorously use a towel on our hair, we are unquestionably opening the cuticles and creating static between hair strands. This will lead to hair breakage and frizziness. Instead of using a regular towel, invest in a good-quality microfiber hair wrap towel. Trust me this will transpiration your life. All you need to do is to wrap your hair in this towel and do your work. When you will remove the hair wrap, you will see that your hair has been zestless completely and are very soft to touch.
3. Daily usage of wrack-up dry: Hair Dryer gives strained hot heat which damages the hair. If your hair is once very dry and frizzy, you should stay yonder from all the styling equipment.
4. Not using a hat while in sun: Harsh sun rays can forfeiture your hair and make them brittle. This is why unchangingly siphon an umbrella or a hat to protect your hair from harsh sun rays.
5. Do not undergo permanent straightening considering these treatments are doing increasingly harm than good. Instead rely on home remedies, hair oiling, and good eating to modernize the quality of your hair. It unquestionably works, I have tried it.
6. Do not rummage when your hair is dry hair as it will make it unravel and rationalization increasingly dryness. Instead, first, use any of the hair oil recommended whilom on your hair, then using a wooden wide-toothed comb, start combing from the ends slowly and reach upward.
Must To Do Haircare Regime
1. Always oil your hair: Do not fall into the trap of no hair oil trend as this is really harmful to hair. Instead, trust the old technique of hair oiling. You will definitely see the results.
2. Eat nutritious supplies and drink plenty of water to alimony your body, skin, and hair hydrated.
3. Once a week, wield a homemade hair mask to tightly condition your hair.
4. Always use a natural wooden comb to rummage your hair. A handmade neem wood hair rummage is the weightier as neem tree is medicinal and its wood is highly beneficial. Here are some wooden rummage recommendations.
5. Use only mild, organic, and natural shampoos to wash your hair. I know they are a bit expensive, but see this as an investment as in the future you do not need to spend your money on hair spas and hair treatment.
6. Unchangingly use conditioner without shampoo. Never overly skip conditioner. You can moreover use rice water to rinse your hair without shampoo to get soft hair.
I hope you liked this article. If you have any doubts or suggestions, please write them lanugo in the scuttlebutt section below. I love to read and reply to your comments.